Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Peppered Loach not eating?

Posted By: gesundheit <bmhkim@sandver.net>
Date: Wednesday, 28 January 2004, at 8:19 a.m.

I know peppered loaches are supposed to be nocturnal, but I haven't ever seen my loach (or my peppered cory, for that matter) eating. I've been dropping a quarter of an algae wafer each night before I go to bed, but when I wake up, there seems to be most of the wafer still (now broken up) on the bottom.

The fish itself looks okay, he hasn't been hanging out in the cave under the fake log since I opened it up a bit more when I changed out some of the water yesterday (more on this later), but otherwise he hangs about under and around my plants and heater and fake wood. I've observed him swimming around a bit, but not often. However, when I head back to the tank and look for him, he is often in another location.

As for the environment, I recently set up a new aquarium (this i