Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Book?

Posted By: JD
Date: Thursday, 29 January 2004, at 11:06 p.m.

humm A Book what an idea:) Seems I have heard of this discussion on the board in the past. This time the discussion has surely gone a lot further, good work Mark.

I had two idea, one was a plant section. No, nothing like a book on growing plants, but a page or two discussing the ins and outs of loaches and plant and how well they go together. I can't recall the immense number of times people ask if it's possible to have both.

Second thought regards pictures. Someone already mentioned "we really want dpi on that one" and that is the truth. She was referring to the cover shot, but that also goes for the others. I have just recently gotten into printing some of my digital pics at a local developer and well I can respect the need for “DPI” or resolution. From what I can see to get a good quality photo, 250-300DPI is what’s needed. So for a 4*6 photo that a minimum size of 1000 * 1500 pixels. So as you shoot new photos keep the image size at full and the quality level high. This offers the most flexibility when post processing. FYI, say for example the square idea sells, and the agreed upon format is 8” sq. That’s a 2000*2000 pixel or 4mp image for good photo quality stuff. There are other work around, but generally speaking, crank up the image size.

OK three ideas, good high quality photos require expensive paper and pricey printing. A choice would have to be made, good high quality photos or regular stuff. Mark, what is the resolution of a picture in a standard color print job. One book comes to mind, is The Natural Aquarium. I like the formatting Yoshino and Kobayashi used and their pics are great.

OK 4 ideas. What about an e-book. In addition to the paper copy, but something that can be made up quickly and hell, some people don’t want paper books.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.