Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Beating a dead horse(face)....

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Friday, 30 January 2004, at 11:59 a.m.

I went to New World Aquarium here in Manhattan last night. It's the beginning of "loach season" and they had a few different kinds and most of them looked pretty good. In one tank they had 3 large Kubotai and written on the front of the tank were the prices for large and small. They were $24.99 for large and $13.99 small.....it's Manhattan, everything here is expensive. :-)

Anyway, I didn't see any of the small size so I asked the guy about them. He said he'd sold most of them and though there was only one left in the tank. He dipped the net in to see if he could flush the small Kubotai out into the open. It worked. Within a couple of seconds out from under a log darted a little stripped loach that looked exactly like my mystery loach that has inadve