Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Barbara: Moonlites

Posted By: LeadFoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Friday, 30 January 2004, at 7:54 p.m.

Barbara, I stumbled across an even better solution than my previous moonlite DIY creation.

I was at Home Depot a couple of months ago, and they have these battery operated 8 watt flourescents. They also have a DC input, but are sold without the DC converters. Fortunately, as you may recall, I ordered 5 of these adapters online a while back, and they work with the lights.

The lights are about 13 inches long, and I tried two of them inside my 75 gallon's canopy. They are awesome! Very low lighting at 8 watts apiece, but it's perfect for watching your fish late at night after the big lights go out. It's amazing how much my clowns and plecos like them, too. Even the tiger barbs come out and play