Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Adventure with the New Herd of Tiny Clowns!!!

Posted By: doug <dhchampion@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 31 January 2004, at 11:52 p.m.

Just purchased a Herd of Tiny Clowns and I thought I had the perfect setup for them! Did they teach me a lesson! First, the setup. I had cut short my undergravel filter by 3 inches. Next, I had made up a plexiglass fence about 3 1/2 inches high with a strip at the bottom of the fence to hold it vertical. This strip went under the undergravel plate and the fence was to hold back the gravel. The 3 inch clearing at the end of the tank was to be a feeding area-- bear glass bottom and any uneaten food would be sucked out! This setup was cycled for a week and a half with a seeded filter from another tank. This morning I was all set. Checked the water chemistry and thing coudln't have been more perfect. My LFS had held my herd for me in the meantime and I had everyti