Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Diseases and Quarantine

Posted By: kellyg <kelly_goolsby@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 6 February 2004, at 1:17 p.m.

Hi! I am pretty new to fishkeeping and have been following this forum for a while. I have really become interested in clown loaches, however I have had a problem with skinny disease. I found a lot of information about treating it from the archives. Should I treat it with both Maracyn 1 & 2? I know a lot of people recommend both, but I just wanted to be sure before I do it. Also, one thing I have noticed about my loach is that along with being skinny, he also has red gills. Is that something else to be concerned with? BTW, I tested water last night: pH=7.6, temp=76 F, ammonia=0, nitrite=0.

Also, how do you keep quarantine or hospital tanks? Do you always have them running with f