Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Algae on Live Plants Update andf Question

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Monday, 9 February 2004, at 4:20 p.m.

Hi guys!

Thanks for your help with this algea thing. I put in the Hagen Aqua-Glo bulb that Gareth rcommended and it is VISIBLY a different spectrum than whatever bulb came with the Eclipse. Looks like you guys hit the nail on the head. The Eclipse bulb gave off a yellow/green tone that I hadn't really dicerned until I put the Aqua-Glo in. The latter gives off a purple-ish hue and certainly more inline with the blue/red outpouts that plants require.

These Diatoms are something else though! Before leaving work on Friday I did a partial water change and scrubbed all the stuff off the acrylic and most of the plants. Over the weekend it came right back qith a vengence. There were patches of is coating the walls and the plants w