Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Histrionica pattern change *PICS*

Posted By: Dave Guest <dsguest@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thursday, 19 February 2004, at 3:46 p.m.

There's been a lot of talk recently about histrionicas and potential kubotai contaminants amongst them so I thought I'd show how one of my histrionicas has changed since I got him.

Some of you may remember this guy from a while back though I won't hold it against you if you don't :-) :

Here is the same guy this week. He hasn't grown much lengthwise, maybe an inch at most (small tank) and I've been "over wintering" their tank for a few months so he's in an "end of dry season kind of skinny stage". Perfectly healthy just looking forward to a few weeks of fattening up.

Oh yeah, the photos are really bad because I don't have the time to sit in front of the tanks for ages wating for the perfect shot. I think I even left the camera in auto mode so the exposure's all wrong and they're not even focused properly :-)

Dave

Messages In This Thread