Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

HUGE Kubotai and more!

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Thursday, 19 February 2004, at 7:19 p.m.

I just got back from taking a sneak peek at the Loaches that LFS was getting for me. The Moosehead's are definitely Somileptes gongota and small ones at that. I'm going to take Joe's advice and try a small species tank with sand. I picked up a couple more Horseface's from another shop I went to to get the sand. Maybe this will trun into a burrowing Loach species tank.

They also had some young Zipper Loaches which I think will come home with me too. Can anybody give me some more info on these guys than what's in the species index?

The shop was also supposed to get in some "Burmese Loaches". The last shipment of them cosisted of the tiny mystery loacjhes we've been discussing. Today's shipment couldn't have been more different. When I looked into the tank housing them, staring back at me were two of the BIGGEST Kubotai I've ever seen. Both were in the neighborhood of 6.5-7 inches in total length. Until today I had never seen one bigger than 4 inches TL.

I have to decide now if these two are going to be too big to add to the 75. The Clowns are the centerpiece of this tank and at least two of them are pushing 6-7 inches long. I also have 3 smaller Kubotais, the 2 the little Mystery Loaches, Kuhlis, Corys and some neat little Plecos (Zebras and a Clown). I'm not sure what to do.

Messages In This Thread