Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Moose Face Loaches

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Friday, 20 February 2004, at 11:57 p.m.

In the short time I've had my Moose Face I've learned quite a bit just from observing him. He is one laid back fish while the lights are on and is probably nocturnal (or at the least crepuscular). Like Joe and Ziskus said, he is not an agressive eater. The good news is that I fed the Q-Tank Hikari Frozen Brine Shrimp shortly after releasing him into the tank and he actively forraged for and ate some of them but only after lights out. So he'll eat, but he won't fight for it.

The Zippers like to have him in the middle of their Loach pile and he doesn't seem to mind. The Horse Faces also like to hang out with him.

He has very neat markings and my previously posted photo of him doesn't do him justice. He is very well cammoflaged with a beautiful dark brown/grey gravel or stone-like pattern on