Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

FOOD!... I mean.. BABIES!

Posted By: Mike R. <XfeeliumX@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 21 February 2004, at 3:21 a.m.

Well congratulate my momma-molly. She had what I guessed to be about 40 something little babies. Sadly, the little guys are all but gone now. I think I saw a couple hiding in my plants, but other than that, it was a feast to remember for all my loaches. They look so fat and happy, but at the same time it's so very sad.. I mean, the poor little guys never had a chance.

Actually, all my loaches seem so... vigorous now. My sickly Dario I was asking about looks so much fuller, and is so active now. I would actually recommend getting some kind've cheap "swimmer" fish for not only decoration in a loach tank.... but for FOOD! I've got a moonlight now and with this on at night, I was told by many sources that it will prompt the mollies to get it on about once a month or so. Plus, it's a great way to watch all my nightowls. But, loaches relish these little babies, and seem to be full of life as soon as they eat them. I know it sounds odd, but over the past few days, they all even seem to be a little bit bigger.... Probably my imagination. And mollies are supposed to be hard to keep? I threw mine in my tank with no q/t, and they've been thriving. And happily breeding. Amen to eating babies :D

Messages In This Thread