Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Loaches hiding

Posted By: Drewby <drewbyness@cs.com>
Date: Sunday, 22 February 2004, at 1:46 a.m.

I have 4 clown loaches and 2 bumblebee gobys. 3 of the loaches have been in constant hiding for 3 days now in their cave. 1 loach, one of my first original loaches of the bunch, and the smallest, swims around but not as much as before. I've seen the other 3 briefly in the past few days, and as soon as they see me, they get back in their cave. About the time they started hiding, I had replaced my bulbs, both lights burned out, I replaced with one which is a Coralife 10,000k 20 watt. Other than changing the light, I had one bumblebee goby die about a week ago. I had this fish for about 1 1/2 years, not sure how old it was when I got it. The other fish seem fine, no changes, except the small original clown loach seems weery of swimming around, almost as if the big loaches for some reason don't want him to, and he heads back