Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Ot nitrates and loaches

Posted By: erik <kuhli@shaw.ca>
Date: Wednesday, 3 March 2004, at 12:22 a.m.

I just replaced one of the reagents for my hagen nitrate test because I was suspecting it was toast. I could never get a reading more than 2.
This tank is heavily planted with water sprite, hygrophelia stricta,onion plants, and java fern fyi.

I have been adding kent pro gro nitrate fert and the kent Kfe+micronutrients pro gro. Anyhow with the new glass bottled #3 reagent I got a reading of 100!! .(Can anyone tell me if the glass bottle is till supposed to use 3 drops?) Yikes that is high. I will do a 40% water change tomorrow but in the meantime. I added extra kent Kfe tonight at a double does. Within 30 secounds off adding it all my plants are perling! O2 bubbles coming everywhere. I guess if the reading is right I can knock off my ferts exce