Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Things to be aware of for the DIY...

Posted By: fedge
Date: Wednesday, 3 March 2004, at 5:53 p.m.

Ive read many places that using nylon stockings for a media holder or filter intake cover etc. is the cheapest method. I would not advise this. I used a nylon sock and after adding ammo lock to my water, to save loaches, the sock began to change color (where it was exposed to air, the water wicked up the nylon sock)... I had enormous ammonia problems, like a fish was dead and rotting or I dumped a whole can of food in the tank... Both impossible, since i don't overfeed and I know how many fish are in the quaranteen tank. (5gal tank) only one day for the ammonia to spike to about 2.0-4.0(hard to read the test exactly). I gave up on quaranteen after seeing the fish (YO YO's) albino in color. In the main tank they went and now the platies have someone to chase for now ti