Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Moving Day for Mr. Moose

Posted By: Cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Thursday, 4 March 2004, at 12:03 p.m.

I finally got my sand biotope setup and Mr. Moose and is Horsey buddies have done their Q-time, so last night was moving day.

Before going any further I'd just like to say that netting Horse Face Loaches is probably the most challenging I've ever had to do as a fish keeper. Mr. Moose was easy, but those Horses.....man!

Once I got everybody rounded up and the water temp. equalized I turned everyone loose into the new sand bottomed tank. Before I could get the specimen container out of the water, POOF! all the fish had disappeared into the sand.

I waited a few minutes to see what would happen and one by one little loach heads began poking up through the sand. All I could see was the top of the snouts and a pair of eyes.

Mr. Moose is a lot less skittish than the Horse F