Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Growth rate of Clowns

Posted By: Ed Rafalko
Date: Tuesday, 9 March 2004, at 2:34 a.m.

Never having kept clown loaches before, I'm wondering what kind of growth rate to expect. I've got a very large community tank,about 240 gallons, stocked with tiger barbs, rosy barbs, bala sharks, a few flying foxes, and a red-tail shark. The total number of fish is well under 50 though, and it's not so crowded that there's a tremendous competition for food or little room to swim. The tank's large and not over-populated, with plenty of driftwood, plants, and rocks to hide under, with a nice deep sand bed to dig in, and to boot it's got a water-change system that's as automatic as a water sprinkler system ( which is what it was made from;))
So anyway, I've got a group of 7 clown,s all are between an inch and a half and 3 inches, and I'm wondering how fast they'll grow and how big they'll get. Anyone care to make any predictions? I'm feeding Tera-Min flake, frozen brine shrimp and zuchinni a couple times a week.

Messages In This Thread