Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Mother Nature and A 'Hero"

Posted By: Dancesalone <dancesalone@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 10 March 2004, at 10:54 p.m.

Last Friday morning, we had 'Mother Nature' dump over a foot of snow upon us, preceded by ice. That combo induced a major power outage that even made the news. At least 7 Cities around us (including us) were without power for over 30 hours. I live in the 'country' so that equals also no water. I've got 5 tanks running (some 225+gallons) and several Betta Bowls :( After several hours, roads impassible and tank temps plummiting, my DH said this can't go on! Went to the neighbors to use their cell phone. He called the power company to find out what was going on and got the bad news.......He then cleared off our 4 wheel drive pick up and headed out onto snow covered, icey roads, returning with a 6700 watt, rented generator and many extension cords. All of the fish are doing well and seem to be fine. Thanks to my loving husband who knows how much they mean to me. He is my 'hero' and my fishes too.

Messages In This Thread