Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

The last khuli burnt out

Posted By: JR King <TrueEchidna@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 11 March 2004, at 1:05 p.m.

Poor lil guy..what a fighter! I figureed he would be first to go, yet he has hung on a week before he finally died today, maybe a few hours ago. I think being all alone in a barren QT just sucked away his will to survive. He even ate a little a few days ago. No bleeding through the gills or skin when he died...he just faded and stiffened up. My daughter is bummed but wants khulis more than ever for her larger betta tank where she will keep her delicate lines that are not aggressive like the four fems she has in a 10 gallon.
He tried poor little guy..the initial damage didn't get him the bacterial infection (or he responded better to meds) but it kept him from living normal and swimming right.

Messages In T