Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Two out three Yo-Yo's get pale?

Posted By: fedge
Date: Friday, 12 March 2004, at 6:30 p.m.

At night(only at night) about one or two of the Yo-Yo's goes pale, or albino as I call it. The other one, I think he/she is the boss for now, never seems to pale out. I know its common for them to change colors slightly depending on mood and wheather or not they are feeding on something(like a tablet i drop in, I now have to drop cut up tablets to keep the Platys from getting the whole thing[you platys just wait till the yo yo's get bigger*shakes fist*].

My water is as near perfect as I can tell, no ammonia, nitrite, and 5ppm of nitrate. Its a new tank and I do a 15% h20 change weekly...water is about 11dGH and 180KH with a PH of about 8.0 or so... no one seems to mind this since they have been in similar conditions in the petshop for almost over a month before i got them.. AN