Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

New color in Skunk Botia

Posted By: JR King <TrueEchidna@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 15 March 2004, at 1:53 a.m.

As I finally finish the cycle the 18 gallon and get ready to move the residents of my dutch tank, I notice the larger botia has changed color. The wee one is still a velvety dove gray with the dark black band. The other one has a lot of stripes now and his grey has a little green overlay added.
The Zebra is gorgeous as always and still sleeps with the gourami in the foliage and eats at the top with them.
Water parameters are still pretty good..only he fact that I am having nitrAte readings (between 05 and 1 from an earlier zero until change day)more often than I like, has prompted the move. I m afraid the changing sizes of the fish is going to throw the tank off balance.
Maybe it isn't a skunk after all?