Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

hillstream loach - absolute beginnerquestion

Posted By: helene schoubye <helene.s@webspeed.dk>
Date: Monday, 15 March 2004, at 5:21 p.m.

I have bought one little hillstream loach - beaufortia leveretti, - and was unaware of its special needs, was told differently. Now I have it, and I am very fasinated by it.
I had not planned to rearrange all my setup, but find now that I must do something different if I want to keep it, so I am trying to figure out what to do - escpesially with regard to flow. I read the artichels on this site, but it just seems completely over my head, I am just not technical enough. So my question is, - how can you create, or can you create sufficient flow in a different way, - without inbuild pipes and all that, - can you use just strong filterpumps, or powerheads, - will it make any difference -
and should you have plants, or is it just enough with stones and wood, - and what plants will grow in stronger current.
And will they like being many of the same sort, or is two, or three best.
thanks for any answers
regards helene

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with