Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

In Search of

Posted By: JR King <TrueEchidna@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 17 March 2004, at 1:54 p.m.

I am in the research phase of setting up a major theme tank staring FW angels. The theme is black & white/silver. So I am now in search of the bottomm tier fish.
They need to do some clean up and fit the color spectrum. And if they are not solitary they have to stay around 5 inches in order to be 3 or more.
there is the possibility of a small 5 inch lower level cichlid being in the tank also..so no gentle snack size oto types (or put their sensitivy to harrassment in parenthese). Sand bottom. Medium pH (prolly 7.7) is the hardest I can make my water without doing weird stuff) medium tropical temp(77). I'd love sids for the color..but not sure about the rest. I can forgo the dwarf zebra lakefish to bring together the tank better. Some good corie and pleco candidates would be appreciated :)
Price is not an object