Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Yoyo shock?

Posted By: Mark in Vancouver <markmark@telus.net>
Date: Thursday, 18 March 2004, at 7:36 p.m.

Hiya folks.
I posted most of this already, but I'm really curious what could cause the following situation:

I bought four Yoyo's from my lfs today and got them into an established tank. All four went into shock quite quickly, and all four were goners within an hour. I imagined that the shock might pass, as they appeared to be healthy in all respects.

The lfs rightly tested my water for everything: PH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, copper, oxygen, and so on. They could find nothing wrong with my water, so they're taking the dead fish back to their supplier with some questions.

I let the bag acclimatize for 15 or 20 minutes, with the lights out to minimize stress, and the tank they went into (I'll