Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

clown loach- sick or tired?

Posted By: medellia <willia11@tcnj.edu>
Date: Saturday, 20 March 2004, at 1:14 a.m.

First of all, I just want to say I love this forum. I have learned a lot about my loaches. Thanks!
I currently own a school of five clown loaches, ranging from about 2" to about 5". One of my smaller loaches, whom I've had for about 2 months, has been laying down on his back. I know it's normal for them to lie on their sides, but do any of you have a loach that goes on his back? Also, if he is just "perching" on the sand and another loach crashes into him, he sort of rolls on his back and stays there for a bit too long for comfort. He eats fine, and is gaining weight (I give them sinking pellets and cucumber daily, and bloodworms twice a week), so I don't think it's internal parasites. He shows no external sign of disease. Am I being over protective, or is he acting odd? Any opi