Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

QT tank question

Posted By: bruceter <Bruceter50@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 23 March 2004, at 8:19 p.m.

I just rebuilt a Penguin 170 filter (bio wheel and everything was in a storage box) which I want to use for a 10 gallon QT tank. I have the filter going right now in a square bucket and have added bacteria (stress zyme) to the bucket water to get the bio-wheel going--(bio-wheel was used before)

When I get the 10 gallon setup and ready to roll I plan on adding a few neons-or goldfish feeders to cycle the tank with the re-built filter. Am I helping the bio wheel before I do this using stress Zyme filtering a bucket? I guess right now I am just testing the filter, throwing in the bacteria was an experiment---Im going to check ammonia and nitrites of course. Has anyone else tried their filter in a bucket firs