Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Tap water, chlorine, dechlor help

Posted By: Drewby <drewbyness@cs.com>
Date: Wednesday, 24 March 2004, at 2:41 a.m.

I've only been on this forum for a short time. To be quick about it, although I have two established tanks and a new one being set up, I'm a bit new. Meaning, that I did not start out with this hobby, I rescued a fish and thats how it started. Even into my second tank, I had not learned much about anything. I am now completely hooked and love my fishies very much and sadly, have only recently started to do tons of reading on everything that's involved with having aquariums, plants, fishies.

I'm setting up a large new tank, will be soon anyway, and have been reading in some of the threads and on other sites about tap water, chlorine, etc. I just read on someones link, that you are not suppose to rinse filters in tap water due to the chlorine being harmful to your