Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

A clown in need of some good advice…

Posted By: fpsiv
Date: Wednesday, 24 March 2004, at 10:25 p.m.

Hey all,
It has been quite a while since I’ve posted in this forum but I've got a loach problem, so I figure I should talk to the experts. =)

I’ve been on an extended trip since early January. While I was away, my fiancée was taking care of our 75 gallon planted aquarium. She did a fantastic job (and is now addicted to the hobby as well), but then about 2 weeks ago she got called out of town on travel, leaving the tank to run by itself with an automatic feeder and periodic checks by some friends of ours.

When I got back yesterday everything looked to be in good shape… except for the clown loaches. We lost one (found wedged between some rocks) and another looks very emaciated. I’ve moved the thin one to a quarantine tank, but I’m not sure how to treat him…