Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Lost the rescue discus..and others

Posted By: JR King <TrueEchidna@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 25 March 2004, at 7:33 p.m.

Our power went out for quite some time last night. Over 2 hours becuase the UPS on my sons chocolates got discharged to ZERO they were below 70 this morning.
Poor Cookies tank was F55 this morning. The filterpump unprimed and died(I got it working later). He was at the bottom and stark white with every injury in stark contrast. As i reached to remove him he turned black in a few spots and moved feebly. So we tried to see if we could recover him.
He would rally for my daugther whle she was adding warm and "walking" him to help keep his gills moving. But he would start doing poorly when I handled him. WE found the disaster this morning at 6 am. Cookie finally died at noon when I went to answer the door for a package
*sniff* And he was beginning to look almost pretty (not a discus person myself) with flashy red and bright blue markings at dinner last night.

I lost some tetras and a snail. She lost most her baby bettas. The chocolate gourami "mama": spit then the load. I see only a few wee ones moving in the plant cover. The rest were dead at the bottom.
What a disaster..! And I just want to go cut the offending trees down myself! >:( We have lost power more than an hour 15 times this year(from Sept) Same trees have caught on fire and put the power out 10 hours during the worst snowstorm this area ever saw. And often hit the lines and cause surges. I am so mad. I told her to nix discus and hot water fish until we can solve this problem adn to not even entertain a reef tank (what would 10 hours with no heat or light do to that? 0_o) One clown looked bad as did my BKG but the recovered as we added hot water every 15 minutes to raise temps. Poor fish! What a horrible night for them. sigh<

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.