Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

clown loach mouth problem

Posted By: helene schoubye <helene.s@webspeed.dk>
Date: Sunday, 28 March 2004, at 2:26 p.m.

I have had three clown loaches for about 5 months, they seem to thrive and be well, however I got worried this evening, and want to hear if any of you can make me less worried...
One of them made some movements with the mouth, so you see the white softer part of the mouth, like a big yawn, or something, - I know they do that sometimes, but this seems like more than usual....and I guess I wonder if clowns can get some kind of illness, disease where this could be a symptom.
Reason I worry I guess is because I had one clown that died, some months ago, and it seemed to me that it did that too. Never really found out if it was connected to it dying, or what the reason were back then, - but it just came up when I saw this other clown doing it. It has been eating all right, it