Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Urgent help, my clowns are dying.

Posted By: Pierre <pierregrima@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 30 March 2004, at 2:32 a.m.

About A month ago I bought three clown loaches and introduced them in my 25 gallon aquarium. After about a week I could see about three tiny white spots on the tails of two of my clowns, but since they were very healthy i tought it was normal. Then all of a sudden one of the loaches got covered with white marks, they are like spots but Ive seen some photos of the white spots disease and it's not the same thing. Mine have white marks all over their body and cotton wool like strands showing at the back of their tails...I went to the lfs and bought a medicine that cures white spots, it is a blue liquid that turns the water bluish for about an hour, and I've been using it for three days. But apparently it's too late. The first clown died three days ago, and the ot