Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Clowns with Ich/Super Ich Cure

Posted By: Drewby <drewbyness@cs.com>
Date: Tuesday, 6 April 2004, at 8:20 p.m.

I'm using Super Ich Cure for my Clown Loaches. The directions say treat at 1/2 recommended dosage and wait 48 hours, then treat again, wait 48 hrs and do 25% water change and add carbon back in filter. I did this, except after the 2nd dosage, I did not wait 48 hrs, I changed the water the very next morning because it looked dirty, lots of little particles floating in the water. I thought perhaps the dirty water would stress the fish out and make the ich worse, so I did the water change.

The still have the white specs. There are not too many, and some of the first specs have healed up. Also, none of the loaches look or act ill, other than having the spots. They have been swimming and eating normally. Many of you have used Super Ich Cure, so my question is, do I treat again, w