Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Levamisole clouding water?

Posted By: CKfish <charlie.kreitler@mmaREMOVE.com>
Date: Friday, 9 April 2004, at 10:45 a.m.

Hi all,

I added 200 mg of levamisole (liquid solution, not oblates) to my 10 gallon quarantine tank that's housing clown loaches that are exhibiting signs of infection. The water clouded very heavily overnight-- is this normal?

The symptoms I'm treating started with ich, which we've beaten using Coppersafe and elevated temps. Then two of the three clowns took a turn for the worse. Both started breathing very rapidly and one developed a red nose and mouth area (bacterial infection)?

I'm treating with Maracyn II and have added metronidazole (spelling? I don't have it in front of me) and levamisole to eliminate any internal parasites that might be aggravating the situation. I lost one of the two sick ones prior to adding the levamisole, and the second one remains red-nosed and breathing hard, and he has stopped eating.

The healthy loach doesn't seem to mind the cloudy water at all. pH is 6.8, and nitrites and ammonia are 0. Should I be concerned, or just follow the treatment regimen? It calls for a water change after 24 hours anyway.

Thanks,

CKfish

Messages In This Thread

<