Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

clown loaches hiding out

Posted By: Frostfrog <frostfrogg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 11 April 2004, at 9:41 p.m.

I have two clown loaches that I have kept in a 90 gallon tank for the past year, along with three oscars that have been raised with them since babyhood. I had thought I might have to separate them at some point, but the oscars have never shown any agression towards them (although they certainly spar among themselves) and the clowns have always been happy, go-lucky characters that remind me of cats.

The loaches make their homes inside a log and pipe ornament that abut one another. Typically, they alternate between hanging out in their house and swimming around the tank. About three or four days ago, they started hanging out in their house virtually full time. I have not witnessed either of them emerge in that time. I can see them both through the entrances and they appear to be just fine. Often, one or both of them will lie on its side for awhile, but always pop upright upon being observed. Each has its own spot in the house and pretty much stays there all times.

Food drifts in at feeding time, and I have observed them eating that food, but it still worries me a bit that I have not seen either come out in all this time. It's possible that they have come out when I have not been about, but this tank is in my office and I spend a great deal of time here.

Bill

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.