Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Clown loach, red streak, black spots, ich

Posted By: Drewby <drewbyness@cs.com>
Date: Monday, 12 April 2004, at 7:02 p.m.

I recently did a water change using tap water for the first time (usually use RO) and added a few new plants. Soon after, I noticed 3 white specs on one clown loach. A day later, I noticed a few white specs on the fin of another clown loach. I started treatment with Super Ich Cure. Its been 9 days, and at one point it looked like it worked, but now I see several white specs on that same clowns fin. There is nothing on the other fish.

This clown loach had a red streak across his body for quite a long time and over time had black spots/dots appear all over his body. I've had him for 2 years, he's not grown. My other 3 clowns are about 3 to 4 times his size now. Since treating with the Super Ich Cure, the black spots/dots have gone and the red streak has also gone. But, he has many white specs now on his fin. The white specs on his body have gone. He, or any of the other fish have not been flashing or rubbing against anything, and have been swimming and eating normal. The white specs are a sure sign of ich, correct? I'm a little puzzled about the black spots and red streak clearing up now. Does any of this sound like a different kind of disease? I've been searching and haven't found anything. I am going to start treatment (for Ich) again but using maracide and melafix. I've considered moving the small clown to an empty tank to treat, but I think I should treat the whole tank incase there is ich still present. I also have 2 bumblee gobys in this tank, very small fish, would the maracide and melafix be harmful? They show no signs of infection. Any help is appreciated.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.