Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Help my loach, please.

Posted By: Amanda <amandaruth2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 13 April 2004, at 12:11 p.m.

Hello all. I'm so glad to have this forum here - I used to participate quite a bit a few years ago, and have been brought now by, as you might expect, a fish crisis.

I have a 135 tank that's lightly populated - about two dozen small tetras (black phantom, silver tip, etc.) and four clown loaches - two that are about 4 inches, one about 6 inches, and one about 8 or 9 inches. Gravel substrate, live plants.

Last night my husband discovered that the largest was on his side and breathing rapidly, waving one pectoral fin but otherwise not moving. He couldn't be roused from his corner but was easily startled and raised an eye spine several times. I did a 30% water change, added Ammo-Lock, and some beneficial enzymes.

This morning, he has moved to a different corner but otherwise looks no different - thankfully he is no worse. i took the time to do some testing today and my nitrAtes are a little high but everything else looks fine.

The rest of the fish seem just fine, too.

Any ideas? I've had this grouping for four or five years and haven't had any problems - they've always been robust.

Thanks so much,

Amanda

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.