Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

slugs vs. snails

Posted By: jimmy <funkedupbuddaH@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 13 April 2004, at 3:13 p.m.

Spring has been approaching and I have started working on my planters for the spring. I use the area around my 75 gallon tank for starter plants for the artificial light. I happened apon a slug on a hanging plant i had just brought in as i was feeding my fish. I flicked it and it fell in the tank. I never saw such a feeding frenzy in my life. My bala shark headed for it first but my 3.5 inch loach shredded the thing and devoured it. Its been about a week and I havent noticed any bad side effects...i was a bit worried. The only thing i have noticed is he is way more active again. I have a hard time keeping snails in there anymore. I have a huge slug problem in my garden and i dont use pesticides and only organi