Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Clown Loach with spiney spike thing.

Posted By: Matt Lee <mlee14@charter.net>
Date: Saturday, 24 April 2004, at 3:06 p.m.

I recently bought two clown loache's and within hours of releasing them into my tank one of them died. I took it back to the pet store and got a new one, but when I got it out of the tank I noticed a kind of spike sticking out of it's head only on one side. I don't know much about loaches so I just thought it was something they have. I went and got another one and put it back in the same tank, everything was fine for about an hour then that one died too. I took him out and just waited to see if the other one was going to make it or not. Sure enough about two hours later it also died, these both had the same spiney, spike thing on the head, the pet store said it looked like anchor worm but none of my other fish have it and from the research I've done it d