Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Large Clown Available Near Sacramento

Posted By: Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sunday, 9 May 2004, at 11:35 p.m.

In case anyone's interested (and in the area), my favorite LFS got a nice large, helathy and chunky clown loach from a customer who's 135 gallon suddenly shattered in their living room!

Although I didn't measure it, it looks mighty big in the 60 gallon tank they currently have it in. All I know is that for only $25 or so, I wanted to jump on it, but it looked too big for my 75 gallon, which currently has only 3 five-inch clowns in it. I guess that should tell you something about how big it is. I was actually looking for another clown, and got a different little 2 inch bugger instead. I wanted something closer in size to my other 3, but the little one has REALLY strong orange coloration, compared to the goldish hue I normally see.

I also ended up with a couple of Bosemani and Irian rainbows, and yet another bristle-nose pleco (to keep my q-tank clean). You gotta love this hobby... you go to get a sinlge cheap clown, and end up spending 5 times as much money!

Anyway, if anyone's interested in taking that clown home, it's at Lee's Feed in Shingle Springs 530-677-4891.

Messages In This Thread