Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

My clown died

Posted By: Rhoda <rhoda.karp@simonandschuster.com>
Date: Monday, 10 May 2004, at 9:56 a.m.

Yesterday I knew one of my two clowns was not feeling well.....she looked as fine as usual but was swimming to the front of the tank and having trouble keeping rightside up....my other clown started having similar problems. I reached in and tried to help her stay upright and then thought maybe the water was too cold or not clean enough so I started doing a water change with warmer water. She really tried to live and I really tried to help her but she didn't make it....I was heartbroken - - I still am.....she felt a bit slippery/slimy (?) when I was holding her upright in the water, does that signify anything. I am really sick over this. My second clown seems to have recovered completely so I have no idea what it was. I have had both of them for almost two years. I want to give all my fish away now because I was so devastated by this death (I have lots of guppies in the tank with two albino corys and had my two lovely clowns). If anyones lives in Queens and would like my other clown, please let me know.

Messages In This Thread