Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

CORYS KEEPING SOLE CLOWN COMPANY

Posted By: Rhoda <rhoda.karp@simonandschuster.com>
Date: Thursday, 13 May 2004, at 8:56 a.m.

As some of you know, I lost a clown on Sunday, leaving me with one. My LFS will be getting some in this week. The extraordinary thing that has been going on since then, is that my two albino corys (both female) have been keeping the Clown company. He often slept in the back piled up with the other clown behind some plants. Now both corys are kind of piling up with him. I know it sounds odd but there have been examples of altruistic behavior in animals, and that is what it looks like here. (I know my corys are female because one--who is gigantic--has laid lots of eggs in the tank more than once--and the other cory has not been able to fertilize them.)
Anyway, I wanted to share this.....I wish I could take pictures but my attempts at photograp