Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Is it possible to have too many hiding

Posted By: Barbara <bjmaitri@megalink.net>
Date: Thursday, 13 May 2004, at 9:20 a.m.

places? I was wondering about this having posted a few times about how i rarely see my kubotais and now, since adding the dario, the rostrata and 3 sids, the same thing was happening....gone.

So, recently i began removing the extensive cave-hiding network and now they are starting to come out more. OF course this could just be a result of them changing their behavior patterns like the clowns seem to do...active periods and sleeping periods alternating over several weeks. Still, I have this feeling that if there is a vast array of places to hide that is just what they will do. With less (but still plenty) and more open space, they do seem to come out more and be more bold. Yesterday one of the sids was sitting on a leaf and the kubotais are coming out and rock sitting more....

anyway, just curious about what others have experienced.

Messages In This Thread