Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

New Tank

Posted By: Blake Patout <b_patout@cox-internet.com>
Date: Monday, 17 May 2004, at 8:02 p.m.

Hello all, I am a new tank owner and I have a few questions. But first some info. I have a 29 gallon tank with real plants, and a few "toys". I have an Angel fish, and (please don't laugh too much) some type of "shark fish", and a rainbow something or other in the tank with the loach.
Questions:
1: I have a clown Loach and have had him for about 4 days. I have noticed in the past two days that he has white spots on his body and head that almost look like some type of bacteria. I was wondering is this is normal or not and if it is not the what can I do about it?
2: I have heard mixed opinions about how to clean the tank. Is it best to take the fish out, take the "toys" and plants out and clean the rocks an