Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Adding Modestas

Posted By: Hoplosternum <hoplosternum@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 18 May 2004, at 8:44 a.m.

I would like to buy a three or four Modestas to add to my tanks.

I have two tanks - one a Juwel 240 containing 3 Clowns (4 to 5 inchers), a 6" male Blue Acara, a Plec and two Doras. This tank is going to be converted to a Marine set up this summer and the fish moved to a larger tank, maybe a Juwel 400. The other is a Juwel 120 and contains 8 small Clowns (1 to 3 inches) and some Spraying Characins (small, top of the tank, quick fish). I have the space to add or upgrade my tanks later if needed.

The Modestas are likely to be small (1-2 inches) when I get them. Which tank would be more suitable or are neither? I am worried that the Blue Acara (it's actually looking more and more like a Green Terror) will be too much for small Loaches to handle. He already tries to hassle the Plec and Clowns but there are plenty of flowerpots, bogwood, floatin