Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Re: worms again gotta stop loaching

Posted By: unhappy loachkeeper!!!!!!
Date: Sunday, 4 November 2001, at 6:02 p.m.

I'm sorry.I made a mistake.The levamisole is what I don't have access to.The Flubendazole I can get.I think I will try placing the Noemacheilus Botia in a seperate hospital tank(if I can net it out of it's 6 foot planted tank!)I figure I have nothing to lose by trying as it has gotten frighteningly thin.I realize that in order to prevent reinfection/spread to other fishes,I might need to treat the entire tank multiple times.That I am unwilling to try that though, as all the other fishes have done well for so long.I have kept barbs,danios,and SAE's along with another sick loach(N.Notostigma)and they never exhibited the same symptoms(thinning/refusal of food)I think I'll try treating the N.Botia and hope for the best while providing clean water/varied diet for the others.I understand that fishes w/capillaria sometimes have worms protruding from the an