Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Re: Edits...yeah.......

Posted By: shari <sanford9@optonline.net>
Date: Thursday, 20 May 2004, at 8:49 p.m.

One comment: I'd replace the word "lounge" with something more generic like 'home' to avoid the issues associated with the location of the english language stuff. Lounge is terribly British! :-)
Other than that, I agree with the message being timely and I also agree with Barbara that tightening it up a bit to be direct and concise would be good. Just me--I like the more direct route. If we ARE knowledgeable fishkeepers and DO have something to contribute to the hobby(which I think we do) including a commentary like this is both appropriate and necessary. While we need to educate the 'pretty' fish buyers, we need not alienate them with derogatory comments aimed at their ignorance assuming that they intend to remain so. Anyone interested enough to pic up a book on loaches is most likely willing to be educated, but no one likes to be insulted.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.