Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Nitrate test results.

Posted By: Dr. Momfish <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sunday, 23 May 2004, at 9:11 p.m.

Finally our budget can allow the purchase of a new Tetra Nitrate Test kit. We are eating lots of lentils and beans in order to make this happen. However, the results are now in:

After one week the clown tank with 13 clowns, 5 corys, 1 uaru, 1 SAE and 3 Kubotai has a nitrate level of 12.5mg/l. Not half bad eh? I couldn't believe it was that low. The fish are happy little critters so the answer was there but I just feel better double checking. Martin says the filters stank and were full of crap when he cleaned them today but the nitrate was tested for 2 days ago. Yippeee!

The hillstream tank did not do quite as well. The reading was probably about 18mg/l. Probably because there aren't quite as many faster growing plants in this tank. I think plants make a huge difference.

Both of these tank