Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Safety of Maracide

Posted By: Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Monday, 24 May 2004, at 3:58 p.m.

I inadvertently discovered just how safe Maracide really is. Don't forget to nod your head in a been there, done that acknowledgement when you hear this, even if you haven't been there or done that! :-)

Two days ago, I bought three 1-inch polk dot loaches (Nemacheilus corica), a 3-inch red-tail zebra loach (Schistura subfusca), a grey/black 4-inch bristlenose plecostomus, and two 1-inch albino brislenose plecostomuses (or is it plecostomi?).

Anyway, I have 6 tanks, one of which I recently put out of commission. My q-tank is now a 10 gallon tank, in which I keep 4 danios full-time (even while treating new fish; I use the danios as "monitor" fish). I added the 7 new fish and, as usual, dose with M