Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Mystery loaches. *PIC*

Posted By: erik <kuhli@shaw.ca>
Date: Wednesday, 26 May 2004, at 4:07 p.m.

There was a lot of discussion about juvee kubotais and loaches that people thought were juvee's..
Anyhow I just recently purchased 4 kubotais of very small size for 10 us each.Anyhow there were some very small ones in the tank that were maybe 1 inch long. They had the kubotai stripes and dots in a just forming pattern ,obvious what they would become. Anyhow I sure the loaches that bogdan, I and others have are not kubotai but are something else. Maybe they are kubotai crossbreed with histrionica's. Mine are far larger than any juvee kubotai's I have seen and have different pattern of developmental change. They look like some angelicus suspects from some very early pics on the net before they were identified properly. But the pattern is late forming and with a lot les dark patches.
The pic below is at 1.25 inches. AT this point the K's I have seen have obvious markings. This looks like histrionica in this pic.
Erik

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.