Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Something is wrong with Duncan the Yo-yo!

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Sunday, 30 May 2004, at 2:32 p.m.

I was feeding the fish breakfast this morning and noticed that Duncan the Yo-yo wasn't acting right and didn't look well. His fins and tail were red and there were chunks missing from them. He also had patches of what looked like extra slime on his body and he was lethargic.

I immedately put him in the hospital tank and dosed with both Maracyns and MelaFix (NO PimaFix...bad for loaches!). A little later, after noticing the extra slime, I decided to add some Quick Cure.

He's chubby and was fine yesterday so what happened??!! At first I though perhaps he may have picked a fight with someone and gotten his "tail kicked" but now I'm not sure.

The tank is choc-full of different Botias......kubotai, darios clowns, and all but 2 o