Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Update on Duncan the Yo-yo

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 1 June 2004, at 10:05 p.m.

Hi guys,

I gotta hand it to Duncan, he's a little fighter. Poor thing look just awful I'm sure he feels pretty crappy. I'm not sure what to think at this point. He'll sit upright but he's breathing really fast. It also looks like the redness in his fins has begun to clear, though he's traded it for a red blotch on his side and one on his little snout. His skin is cloudy across his upper body. I **think** it's excess slime, but in parts it looks like the top layer of skin (if he had skin) is peeling. Obviously he's not eating.

He's being treated with both Maracyns and Triple Sulfa. I was also using Quick Cure (in case it was that cursed velvet) but when I added it to his tank tonight Duncan went nuts like it was burning him. I immediately did a big water change. I used